Saturday, September 6, 2014

What I Did for Love

When I saw her the first time I was smitten. Her rich, full cheeks, beautiful body, quick movements. This was all wrong, but I couldn't stay away from her. I am a builder and my work became shoddy thinking of her. I found myself at an emotional crossroad.
I had been seeing someone and it was assumed we would take vows. But there wasn't the same excitement with her as with my new obsession. She was dedicated to her work, but seemed more fun loving. I finally got up the nerve to ask her to meet me at the lake. We were alone and I told her everything. I especially noted how vibrant her full cheeks were.
She did something surprising. She reached into her cheek pouch and pulled out a nut and offered it to me. I was overcome with joy. She liked me!
Of course, I realized both cheeks were full of nuts, but that didn't matter. She gushed over the size and strength of my tail and I knew we were destined to be together. She also loved my buck teeth.
I've left behind my old life, my former love, my beaver community. Yes, I've joined the squirrel society, but not without distrust and tension among the elders. I vow to learn the art of storing nuts in my cheeks. So far, it's been slow going. I keep gagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment