Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lost in the Crowd

At 6'4, with perfect posture, wavy hair and piercing eyes, I wish I could get lost in the crowd. Having all heads turn to me when I enter a room is flattering, but disconcerting. Do these people really know me?
That is why I moved to a small town in NJ, Gutenberg. For whatever reason, genetically blessed folks chose that place to live. Walk down Main Street and all you see are striking people. We nod to each other, aware that we are what others dream of being.
Sometimes a normal looking person moves in. You can spot them immediately, standing on a corner, gazing at the flow of beauty, gasping.
I knew I made the right decision moving here when I responded to a Meet Up Group flyer for people who can't get enough guacamole dip. When I showed up at the restaurant, several practically dropped to their knees, asking what planet I was from. The rest of the evening was uncomfortable to say the least. They aggressively vied for my attention, even pinching me in spots I won't mention.
There are times when I wish for just one small pimple.
Then I come to my senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment