Sunday, March 24, 2013

Movie Police

Every two weeks I get to see a first run movie free because I am a senior citizen. I only found out about this recently. I went to city hall and got my mayor's senior card, bright yellow and too big to fit in my wallet. I drove to the theater and got there minutes before the movie was to start.
As I entered the lobby behind a senior lady, I heard this middle aged, blonde woman tell her our movie was in theater nine. I followed the senior up the escalator, but not before the blonde asked me who I was. I flashed my card and put it right up in her face, in a nice way of course. She said she had never seen me before and asked my name. I told her and she said she'd remember me next time.
Well, I have to assume people are pretending to be seniors so they can get to see a free movie. Or maybe this woman had the hots for me. Whatever. The movie was The Call, starring Halle Berry and Elle Fanning. Nonstop tension. I came away realizing just how tiny Halle is and how developed Elle has become.
I smiled at the blonde woman on the way out and she ignored me. I wanted to make sure she saw I wasn't trying to sneak into another film.
I have my ethics. Plus, I wasn't crazy about the other 11 flicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment