Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Trust

I don't trust the guy who changes my oil because he told me my air conditioner needed recharging. The guy who is my mechanic tested it and said that was nonsense. But the mechanic at the dealer showed me burnt spark plugs, indicating the mechanic I had trusted before had put in the wrong plugs for that car nine months ago. But the dealer mechanic also suggested I needed a new battery only two years after I had another installed by a different mechanic from the guy who told me my air conditioner was just fine. I didn't believe I needed that new battery, but I had it put in anyway because I didn't want the guy to think I was calling him a liar. I don't trust the parts guy either because I ordered two wheel covers and one of them doesn't fit. I have no idea why the other wheel covers disappeared, but I suspect jealous neighbors removed them. What they have to be jealous about I haven't figured out yet, although I do have impressive ears. Anyway, one wheel cover is sticking out and if I hit a bump that one might just vanish too.
I don't trust Pringles Potato Chips because their sneaky ad for $1 off states in tiny letters that you have to buy four cans. I would consider it, but only if it was the fat free choice, which is always sold out. I might even consider multi-grain chips or ranch chips or spicy chips, but I will NOT buy four cans of pizza flavored chips. I am health conscious after all.
I don't trust these tv reports of excessive flooding. Who's to say if these videos aren't ten years old? Obama sends in money, the town and news crew split it. Is that inconceivable in this age of scams? I'm not sure I trust you, reader, who may be fully capable of stealing my paranoia and claiming it for your own. I'll stop here because I'm getting a Pringles craving.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment