Sunday, December 13, 2015

Lederhosen

Lederhosen saved my life. I was drifting and aimless, minus goals or direction. One day I came across Aldo's Lederhosen on a website. I was enthralled. Leather breeches that came down to one;s knees. My heart pounded as I ordered a pair.
When they arrived I was beyond joy. They fit perfectly. I drove to the mall, bought suspenders, clogging shoes knee length socks, and a fedora with a feather. In the music section of B&N, I got Bavarian, Swiss and Austrian music.
I got home and donned my new outfit,played the music and bounced all over, not sure where my arms were supposed to go.
Now I could be part of Octoberfests.
I had to share this with my best friend, Robert. He was standing in the front yard, hands on hips, presiding over a yard sale. Look at me, Robert. Lederhosen! I have purpose, a passion.
He just smiled and pointed to a back table. There, laid out neatly, were six pairs of leather lederhosen. You may be surprised to know, Joe, there was a time in my life when I was struggling, and lederhosen got me through.
I sobbed. We hugged. It was a moment. Actually it was a short moment, as someone inquired about his throw rug.
I bought the used lederhosen and he threw in a pair of free suspenders because that's what friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment