Sunday, December 27, 2015

Olives

How many black, pitless olives should you put in a salad?
Most would say it depends on the size of the salad and I would agree. Except I impulsively exceed the olive limit once I start spooning them in. I love olives, leading to an imbalance in my salads. I can sense tomatoes and cucumbers whine about being overlooked. Celery could care less, while peppers have, in my opinion, an unhealthy attraction to olives. It's more a feeling than what I see. Bacon bits are just happy o be included.
I have never eaten olives right out of the can. There are boundaries I won't cross. But I have been known to linger in the olive aisle far too long. Green olives have their place in my diet. But I'm sure they can discern my obsession with their black peers.
I also believe croutons have a competition going with olives to see which of them has greater impact. Unless it's garlic croutons, there is no comparison.
Did you know there are people who toss peanuts into their salad? And you wonder why this country is so divided.

No comments:

Post a Comment