Sunday, June 25, 2017

Reasonable Disarray

The guy shows up with bed hair--strands heading in all directions. Trying to mock my hairless scalp. I hope his tonsils swell up.
My thoughts are also in disarray. I am attending a writer critique session centering on a novel by an attractive woman. She has published before and everyone likes her.
I think her protagonist is nuts. A 17 year old female warrior who is out of control. If the author wanted her to symbolize female empowerment.I beg to differ. She's a wing nut.
But if I express that the group will shout me down. I will be seen as a cranky old man, jealous of her success. They may force me to do hot yoga. Even if I praise parts of it I will not get the hug I seek from this hot lady. So I will not say what's on my mind and take the coward's way out. Anything beats hot yoga in my Spandex.

No comments:

Post a Comment