Saturday, February 3, 2018

Swing State

Swing is a state of mind. Put on Benny Goodman, the Dorsey brothers, Harry James, Artie Shaw, Glen Miller, Kay Kaiser and let the music carry you away.
TCM showed Swing Time with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers. Man, what a trip. His solo left me gasping and she is so underrated.
People of a certain age know exactly what I'm talking about. None of those youngsters on all those TV singing contests can swing. They just sing real loud. We at the home can't stand them. When I had my breakdown and grabbed a traffic cop and forced her to jitterbug, this is where my family sent me. They watch you every second.
I wish they hadn't confiscated my tap shoes. Now all I do is close my eyes and imagine Ginger whirling about me in perfect form.

No comments:

Post a Comment