Saturday, February 10, 2018

Unexpected Guest

I opened the door and there stood Batman.
Can I use your phone? My Batmobile stalled out and my cell is dead. I let him in of course. He'd saved our city numerous times. Outside, horns beeped. He was blocking traffic. He called someone and in seconds was shouting in anger. Handed me back my phone and sighed. He looked exhausted.
My AAA membership is expired. Robin was supposed to take care of this and get my vehicle checked out. He has become full of himself. Discipline is on the agenda. He took an Advil for his aching knees.
I gave him orange juice and toast. I was crime fighting all night, he said, before collapsing into my recliner. Drivers had pushed the Batmobile to the side of the road. He borrowed my phone again and called Robin to pick him up. Batman fell asleep and immediately snored up a storm.
The bell rang. Robin stood there in full costume. His Honda Civic was in my driveway. The Batmobile was being towed off. I shook Batman awake. He stood and glared at Robin, who cast his eyes downward. The crime stopper shook my hand and led Robin out the door. I saw him squeeze into the Civic, getting his cape caught in the door. I heard some bad words.
I will never sit in that recliner again.

No comments:

Post a Comment