Thursday, October 31, 2013

Across the Table

I never knew my friend Luigi knew famous people. At his 30th wedding anniversary party I found myself seated across from Johnny Depp and Sean Penn. Depp had trouble staying awake and Penn eyed everyone suspiciously. Both were accompanied by beautiful young women.
When the mushroom soup was served, Penn snarled it was for sissies. He demanded beef stew. Depp groggily spilled much of it on himself. I guess movie stars must work late. At the far end of the table, Liam Neeson had his shirt up and was flashing his chest scar. Right then, Penn jumped up and lifted his shirt, displaying a scar near his ribs. They then got into an argument over whose scar was longer. Depp fell forward into his creamed spinach. His date left for the powder room with Penn's date.
I, myself, thought the soup was delicious, but the spinach a bit salty. I ended up switching shirts with Depp. Eventually I will put his on E-Bay. My books aren't selling well and I need new tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment