Thursday, June 9, 2016

Height

Sandra rushed to catch the elevator leading to her writing group meeting. She hated being late. Fortunately, Joe held the button so she could enter. She knew Joe mostly because he was so prolific.
She thanked him while expressing her fear of being late. Joe smiled and assured her if she walked in with him no one would say a peep because he had gravitas.
She noticed he seemed taller. She looked down and saw he was wearing black stilettos with four inch heels. Joe smiled and explained he had an issue with height. One day he glanced in a window showing women's shoes and realized there was the solution. I knew what I had to do. Right now I'm unsteady, but with practice I should manage heels gracefully. I love looking down on people.
Sandra could only admire Joe's taste. She had the same pair in aqua blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment