Friday, June 8, 2018

Luggage

I'm a bag handler at Newark Airport. I take great pride in accuracy. Our crew wants nothing less than perfection.
So I was upset when a man came complaining that his luggage was missing from the carousel. I looked all over to no avail. I made a phone call to a neighboring area and sure enough, one of our guys called back, shouting they had an emergency with one of the bags. He described the luggage and the complainant verified it was his.
The problem was, the man had come from Singapore and purchased a number of characters for his planned novel at a discount. Somehow, they escaped from the bag and were scrambled all over the terminal, seeking freedom, I guess.
Writers. Spare me. We finally captured all of them except the one playing the lady in distress. I'm sure he will sue us. Frankly, I never heard of the guy. Can't be all that successful. And why didn't he buy his characters from the US?

No comments:

Post a Comment