Monday, October 24, 2011

Workshop

I have an upcoming workshop of my monologues at a local theater. The following is a list of anxieties we stage writers experience before the event.
Will the actors show up?
Will they show up sober?
Will an audience come?
Will the air conditioner break down or drown out the words?
Will performers demand changes in the text?
Will they argue about what the order of appearance is?
Will all the props be in place?
Will they project so the back row can hear?
Will there be a Q&A afterword with tough queries?
Will the read through raise doubts about the work's quality?
Will I have to sleep with any of them later?
Will hot women in the audience want to meet me?
Will everyone laugh where they're supposed to?
Will there be a side exit to flee if the whole thing bombs?
Theater is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment