Sunday, August 21, 2016

Wounded Air Conditioner

My AC is dying a slow death. Puddles of water appear on my floor. The filter is falling apart right on the rug I placed under it to sop up the water. It still blows cool, but I know it's just a matter of time.
My super says the same thing happened to his. So he knows how to solve the problem. I hope he doesn't send me to Home Depot for a new filter. I know I'll return with the wrong one.
My brother says maybe the pan needed to be emptied. What pan? I'm here 14 years and no one ever mentioned a pan. I'm a writer. We don't know about these things.
This is just like when the ceiling fan went and I had to get a motor. There is nothing worse than lying in bed sweating because of a washed up AC. Because it's built in, I can't just replace it.
Sometimes being an adult stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment