Monday, June 12, 2017

Summing Up

What have I accomplished?
I got a degree from Rutgers, spent six years in the Reserves, taught school, delivered mail, painted, photographed, wrote everything from stories to poems to essays to theater.
I've made friends and lost enemies. My personal hygiene has never wavered. When I dip chips into salsa others stop and watch. I've taken many pills and eaten hundreds of avocados.
I dip my dance partner deep and long. I have an impressive warehouse of entertaining stories and jokes. A priest, a minister and a rabbi walk into a pet store. What? Heard it? Okay. How about a spooky tale from summer camp? Not in the mood? Fine.
Have you ever been dance dipped? Let me take you through it. First, stretch out. Give me your leg.
You can trust me.
This will add to my accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment