Sunday, August 6, 2017

Talking to Cops

I try never to talk to cops unless I'm lost or beaten up.The other day I got lost because road construction blocked my normal path to my breakfast cafe. I stupidly returned to the road I was on and got off at the next exit. I should have just followed the detour signs.
I drove and drove, imagining running out of gas in northwest New Jersey with no food or water and no one stopping to help. I would have to write a farewell letter for folks to find. Who would read my eulogy? I was stunned to realize either my friends were not really my friends or were too long winded and would put the church to sleep.
Luckily I came upon flashing lights. More construction, a cop nearby. I rolled down my passenger side window and asked for the town I was traveling to. He leaned his burly self down, peered in and told me I was headed in the right direction. I thanked him and drove on.
I'm sure he took my license plate down. I do look suspicious in certain light.

No comments:

Post a Comment