Saturday, November 11, 2017

Spitting Image

My wife is the spitting image of Tallulah Bankhead and people say I resemble Cary Grant. We enter a restaurant and everyone wants our autograph. So we comply and no one's the wiser.
I was having lunch with my friend Carl, discussing the good and bad aspects of looking like Cary Grant when an elderly couple approached. I got out my pen. But they ignored me and centered on Carl.
I thought you got a bad deal, the man said. One bad decision about Cuba and they toss you out, his wife added. Russia has gone straight to hell since. The man shook Carl's hand, the woman hugged him. They left. Carl was upset He sighed. Happens all the time.
Cheer up, I said. You could look like Stalin or Putin.
He smacked ,me.
Imagine Cary Grant and Nikita Khrushchev co-starring with Tallulah. Otto Preminger directs.

No comments:

Post a Comment