Thursday, May 23, 2019

Full Plate

Joe called Randy for lunch, but Randy said he had a full plate of activities. Joe sobbed something about his plate was never full. He didn't even have a plate or a hopper for ideas.
Don't be so dramatic, Joe, Randy said. Everyone has ideas and projects. I feel worthless, Joe moaned. I thought conversation with you would make my day.
You need a hobby like gardening or woodworking, his friend advised.
I do laundry twice a week. Does that count?
No. Take adult classes where they teach you scupture with glued toothpicks.
I tutored kids, Joe revealed. They locked me in a closet. The janitor rescued me.
There's a macrame shortage, Joe. Learn the craft.
You've given me inspiration, Randy. We should talk like this more often.
Sorry Joe. I'm crushed with work. Even this conversation has set me back eleven minutes.
Got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment