Sunday, August 30, 2020

Tow Truck

 I fell off a tow truck. Happy? You feel superior? This is actually the second tow truck I've fallen from, possibly a record .How? Very simple. Once the truck stopped so I could get $125 from the ATM to pay the driver, I got out of the passenger side of my car. I couldn't ride in the cab because his trainee daughter was with him.

I walked to the edge of the flatbed, calculated the drop and figured this was a cinch. Money in the bank. I took a step, kept going down, landed wtong, wound up sprawled in the middle of the street, blocking traffic. The driver looked down at me and said, I thought you were man enough. His daughter shook her head in disgust.

I got to my feet as he kept asking if I was okay. He admitted he was worried about a lawsuit. I told him I was a little sore, but fine. I got the money, we dropped off the car at Honda and I declined his offer to drive me home.

Turned out, the problem was a worn out key that no longer connected with the computer. New key--$231. I am beginning to wonder if there really is a beneficent God.

No comments:

Post a Comment