Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Chocolate

 I am leaving my doctor's office and see a plate of wrapped chocolates. I am diabetic and steer clear of candy. But I stared perhaps too long at them. Maybe this was a test. A camera was recording my reaction and sending it to my doctor's back office. He doesn't trust me. My breathing quickened while I remembered the taste of this delicacy.

Somehow, I forced myself to leave, gasping in frustration. As soon as I started my car, I reached down and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie from the package on the floor. Give me a break. How much temptation can one endure?

At the gym there's a large container on Tootsie Rolls. People grab handfuls. I pull my hand back and slap it hard. No, I growl. Why do public places put these temptations right out there so weak willed people can crumble and submit? I need to have a word with my doctor next visit. At least place the chocolate near the receptionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment