Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Adventurer

Eddie was restless. The tribe had established itself in this region for eons. He wanted to see what else was out there. Others felt uncomfortable with change. He was ordered to stop complaining and accept the status quo.
In the middle of the night Eddie sneaked away with minimal supplies. He wanted adventure and discovery. He walked and walked through dense undergrowth and barren areas. Moist, smelly land, followed by dry flaky outcrops. Everything was new. He had gone completely across this egg shaped terrain by day's end.
He needed to rest one night before trekking back to the tribe.
The next morning he awoke to a shock. A loud whirring sound. Suddenly the dense underbrush vanished and he was exposed to the sun and elements. Nothing but barren land as far as he could see.
What has happened? What has become of my tribe? Am I all alone in the world?
The shock left him paralyzed.

 Joe stood by the elevator as Steve approached. Nice haircut, Steve commented. I did it myself, Joe said. I like it short like this. I used  professional barber kit. See, I was getting this itching across my scalp and now it is gone.
What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment