Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Twelve Siblings

There were 12 of us living in a three bedroom apartment. Our parents simply gave up and left. We were behind on the rent and running out of food. None of the oldest of us could find a job.
We held a meeting. Solutions were difficult. Mostly, we needed food.
The 15 year old twins mentioned a caring, compassionate teacher. Mr. Halliday.
I wondered if they could convince him to come visit us for dinner.
But we do not have enough food for ourselves, they protested. I paused. Does this teacher have anyone who would miss him? I asked. They shrugged. Describe him.
Well, he's kind of stocky, in his early thirties.
Meat on his bones, I asked. They nodded.
The twins somehow convinced him to come for dinner.
Truthfully, I'm not even sure the oven still works. I suppose I should test it. But first I need to get hold of some chloroform.

No comments:

Post a Comment