Saturday, September 22, 2018

Debate Team

Our debate team was crushing the opposition. The audience gasped at our logic and arguments. The topic was fracking and we were for it. The others were conservationists. We pointed out gas prices would skyrocket without fracking. Our leader pounded the table and stated if he wanted to drive to Ohio for no reason, he should be allowed.
The audience applauded. It was all over.
Except for Alice, who sobbed, I'm pregnant and I don't want my child to grow up in a world of fracking. We looked at each other. The judges wiped away tears and awarded the victory to them. Cheaters, we yelled. Appealing to emotions is against the rules. But the ruling stood.
Outside, Alice came up to us cackling. I'm not really pregnant, she said. Then she skipped away.
I'm voting Republican.

No comments:

Post a Comment