Saturday, March 12, 2016

Poet Problem

My gotee is under performing.  It resembles a tiny Japanese cactus tree. My fellow poets look at me askance. They all have impressive beards or gotees. The ladies all have bangs.
I tried sculpting it with a razor but now it's uneven on the sides.  It's growing down my neck. I also tried wearing suspenders to our meetings, but no one was impressed.
Scratching it does not help. I have three long hairs from my chin that I won't touch. I'm hoping the other hairs will use them as role models.
My prose writer friends don't understand what the big deal is. They wear heavy sweaters, ill fitting dungarees, lots of stripes and plaid and, God help them, sneakers. Many have comb overs, including the women. Who let these people in the library anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment