Sunday, January 20, 2019

Young People

Young people complain about everything under the sun. Clothes that don't fit, diets that don't work, traffic jams, bad smells, tech breakdowns, impossible bosses and co-workers, nosy parents, friends that don't answer texts, bad haircuts, etc.
Me? I'm retired. My parents are deceased. I live alone with low expectations. I hum during traffic jams and sleep on public transportation. My clothes are loose and comfortable, my haircuts last three minutes.
Some years ago I decided there would be less stress in my life if I took crap. That's what I've been doing--taking crap from everyone. I never defend myself. I just nod and walk away. As long as I can hit the gym and remember important stuff, I'm fine.
Pass the mustard, please. Okay, don't. I'll get it myself. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment