Saturday, June 1, 2019

The Cough

Steve had a horrible cough that appeared out of nowhere. His career was threatened because he couldn't give presentations. He went to noted ENT surgeon Dr. Knausbaum, who ordered a series of tests.
He found Steve had two pairs of tonsils, one behind the other. He suggested surgery. Steve realized he had no choice.
He was given general anesthesia. When the doctor went in, within seconds he heard a fainat, but clear wailing. "My child! My Child! Please don't take my child!"
The larger tonsils swelled up and grew red, pulsing visibly.
The surgeon immediately ceased the operation. A mother's love reigns over any cough. Steve would have to live with this. A less ethical doctor might just snip away. Not me, he explained to the stunned team.
I will tell him, and if he coughs in my face, I won't be offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment