Monday, September 2, 2013

B&H Camera

I've only been in this place one time and felt uncomfortable. I sensed everyone there knew far more about photography equipment than me and any question I asked would be dumb. They are closed on Saturday for religious reasons. I respect that, which is why I thought of them when considering selling my six 35mm film cameras and dozen lenses.
They wanted a specific list of the make and condition of each. Red Flag. The message was we are doing you a favor by taking them off your hands. I was honest and told them the cameras might have shutter issues, which is a polite way of saying they don't work. The reply stated simply they didn't want anything with shutter problems. I thanked them for a quick response and asked if they were still interested in the lenses. The response was one word: no.
I can picture some bespectacled, balding little guy salivating at the chance to brusquely reject anyone whose equipment does not meet their standards. This is someone who never sees the sun and hardly ever eats out.
I will go on with my life. The plan now is to paint my useless cameras and lenses and sell them to art lovers with an edge. I'm choosing the color schemes and imagining patterns of brilliance. Needless to say I will not enter B&H ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment