Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Shop

A man hesitates outside the shop that replaces women's heads. He looks around nervously, peers in the window. The door opens and the owner emerges.
"May I help you?"
"You replace women's heads?"
"Yes. What can I do for you?"
"I have a special problem. I love my fiance, but hate her feet."
"Has she been disobedient?'"
"I don't expect that sort of thing."
"Then you have a problem beyond feet."
"Be that as it may, can you help me?"
The owner beckoned the man inside where he called out "Julius!"
A hunched, cackling, drooling man stumbled out of a back room, eyes bulging.
The owner nodded at his assistant and said, "Julius handles feet and hands. He'll give you a four for two deal."
"I don't need hand replacement. I love her hands."
"Bring her in. I imagine she's very pretty." The owner glanced at Julius, who just cackled.
The man left, shaken and unsure what his next move should be. Perhaps he'd better take a closer look at her hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment