Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Book Festival Blues

I was recently involved in an outdoor book festival where I got a table to sell my books. The weather was perfect and people were friendly. I got to meet several other authors, all with interesting stories.
No one actually bought any of my books, which I expected. I've been involved in these before. People are on tight budgets. I did get compliments on my covers.
I was there from 1030 to 3pm. I was supposed to stay until four, but sitting there all that time is a chore. The library sponsoring it did buy 11 of my books and gave me a bottle of water. I tried to sneak past the organizers, hoping I wasn't seen leaving early. They may not invite me back next year.
People still read print books. That is the takeaway. They just don't buy them at festivals. I got to read a couple of stories in the gazebo. My throat tightened as usual and I cleared my throat right into the mike. Since I was the first reader, I'm guessing I left 3 billion germs on that mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment