Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Card

I have an extra Christmas card. I bought it to give to one person, but now I'm not sure if I want to give it. I don't know her that well. She might get annoyed. I considered giving it to someone else I hardly know, but the same concern reared its head.
I could take it back and get a refund. But what if the clerk asked why? I'd have to make up a story on the spot, which I don't do well. I could save it until next year, but I might be dead by then. I could give it to the mailman or super, but I'd have to include money.
Maybe I should leave it in someone's mailbox anonymously. But there's surveillance all over and it would be traced back to me.
This is a problem, but not as big as buying socks in October I realize I don't need. Maybe I could give them to my brother or nephew as a gift. Is that considered cheap? How would you know? You're too cheap to buy any of my 14 books.

No comments:

Post a Comment