Sunday, December 18, 2016

Snowballs

Tension mounts every year as winter approaches. Can I still make a decent snowball under pressure? Kids suddenly attack. I'm alone. Snow is all around me. Can I put together a viable defense? I used to be able to combine snow and slush into a def con type weapon. My aim was quick and deadly. My arm strength second to none.
Back in the day, ambushes were common. Getting pummeled by organized attacks was something everyone feared. Now, towns have laws against it. The streets are safer, but way more boring. Running away was never an option. You would never live it down.
I had rules. Never ambush a kid under eight. After eight they can take a hit.  Don't gloat. Attack, engage and disappear.
I need to exercise my hands and fingers. Practice on clay. Do chin ups and curls. Head to the snowball throwing range, where for $10 you receive 50 snowballs to practice with.
The sky tells me winter is here. And so the war continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment