Sunday, May 28, 2017

Dance World

I went out to get breakfast and everyone was dancing. Garbage men, mailmen, landscapers, road crews, cops, EMS workers, all dancing to their own beat.
Dancing is not my strong point, but I hate being left out. Soon I was at the diner watching the wait staff and counter people thrusting hips, whirling and gyrating. There was no music. I tried bopping in place, but spilled my coffee. I snapped my fingers, but that was weak.
Finally a waitress grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. She threw me into a fierce tango and I was in heaven. Then the door opened and a man in flamenco garb stood glaring. Her boyfriend. I tried to explain, but he leaped on my back and pummeled me.
How did I get out of this?
I fell to the floor and played dead. It worked for me as a kid with bullies and it worked again. I never got to finish my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment