Saturday, May 6, 2017

SWimming in Ideas

Lately, I've been swimming in ideas.This happens to writers after a dry spell. This morning I stopped at a local place to have breakfast and wrote a flash fiction piece. "The Pessimist Cafe". A guy pulls off the road to stop for coffee and enters this cafe.
Everyone inside, including the waitress, is totally pessimistic about the world. The guy hits "Walking on Sunshine on the juke box and as soon as that song ends, someone presses "A Hard Rain is Gonna Fall".
I think this story is publishable.
When the attractive waitresses see me writing in a notebook this morning, they must assume I'm creating something vibrant and powerful and I really believe their respect for me is growing.
I just wish I didn't have this hole in my sweater, which you can't see because I'm wearing a black sweat shirt underneath.
Yes, I'm swimming in ideas, some of which I'm certain will make me enough money to buy a new sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment