Thursday, October 10, 2019

Lost It

I lost it. The most brilliant paragraph I've ever written, done on a piece of scrap paper. I was sure I put it in a safe place waiting to be typed up. I looked everywhere. It's gone.
This is the writing that would have gotten me a grant, awards, maybe a position at a top university. These were the images that would have gotten me compared to Hunter S. Thompson. Lorrie Moore. Donald Bartleme.
I can remember only the first two sentences. You're not getting them here, in case the rest comes back to me. This is like Picasso losing an early brilliant sketch that could have launched him. Frank Loyd Wright misplacing a schematic for a home. Rogers losing Hammerstein.
I don't have a big co0ndo. This should never happen. Somehow I will go on .Something else. I lost a $3 bonus coupon from CVS. That is two beef jerkies. Organization is now my priority. I swear, that lost paragraph could have gotten me a MacArthur Genius Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment