Saturday, October 5, 2019

Squirrel

Noted flash fiction author Joseph Del Priore was on his way to a reading when a flyng squirrel landed on his head and knocked him out.
Months in a coma ended with him awakening in a hospital. Nurse Beth, who had been taking care of him all those months, was overjoyed to see his eyes open. He slurred his words, but thanked her profusely for taking care of him. He wondered aloud if the squirrel who landed on him was demonized.
He looked up at nurse Beth. I need one favor, he whispered. Could you slide the bed pan under me and press down on my stomach? I feel like I'm ready to explode. Nurse Beth reached for a pillow and thought about something horrible and completely against hospital policy. No, she would let him live and write again. I think I need a bigger pan, she thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment