Sunday, October 20, 2019

Perfection

I am eating a perfect Portuguese roll. Fresh, soft, evenly buttered. I got it at Quick Check, a perfectly laid out store. All types of coffee on a table, with five different milks, sweeteners, stirrers and caps. The newspaper section located by the seating area. Sandwiches, cakes, snacks, beverages, all easily found. Clean floors, polite cashiers, plenty of light.
Wonderful salads.
In these areas, McDonalds has issues, but I won't specify.
At the risk of sounding immodest, no one can cnsume this particular roll like me. I calculate how big of a piece to bite off, how many chews before swallowing and how long before taking another bite.
I am a perfectionist. Even when I don't shave my scruff is evenly textured I want to make others feel better about themselves, so one day I will reveal a flaw. I come off as a rough and tumble cattle rancher.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment