Sunday, May 17, 2020

Lines

Lines everywhere.
The Target line is full of fidgety kids and teens on their phones forgetting to move ahead. The Walmart line is stacked with New Yorkers because they don't have one. The line to the bank is all cars and impatient drivers. The Big Lots line just stopped moving for no reason. Invariably, the person controlling admittance is some kid power hungry.
At least I can listen to conversations. That reinforces my contention that maybe one out of 20 people have something interesting to say.
Sometimes there are no baskets available and it's too late to go back and get a cart. So I carry all my items, which is not pretty. Toilet paper seems to pop out of my grip and roll away.
There will probably be a line to my doctor's office so I'll hear all about ailments and diseases. The famous never wait in line. If Jimmy Fallon had to put up with what the rest of us do, that smile would leave his face pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment