Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Missed Connection

Saturday night, about 7:15. I was running the Loop De Loop ride. There were pizza stains on my t-shirt. I was unshaven and could use a haircut. Sweaty is a term I would add.
You were dressed entirely in black leather and were accompanying your little sister on my ride. Our eyes met and you arched an eyebrow. Afterwards I helped both of you off and you smiled shyly.
I need you to know I haven't stopped thinking about you since. I was not always a carny. I used to design refrigerator magnets. I'm up for a promotion--guessing people's weights. If the leather means you're into corporal punishment, I've been very naughty.
There isn't always pizza on my shirt. Sometimes it's chili.
I think we can make this work. You know where to find me. My name is Kenneth, not Ken, Kenneth. A woman's eyebrow says so much, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment