Tuesday, April 15, 2014

When the Need Arises

When the need arises I roll up my sleeves and get to work. I begin with the left sleeve, unbuttoning it carefully because if the button pops off I'll have to change shirts and start over. I use the Heinrich Slausen Technique for sleeve rolling, developed in the 17th century by the Austrian inventor. You must even out the tight roll, stopping exactly 52 centimeters up the forearm.
I then proceed to my right arm and do the same thing., measuring my movements so as not to upset the equilibrium. Forearm hair can throw things off, but Prof. Ludwig Kleinhoff's landmark 1959 study Sleeve Rolling in the Age of Hairy Forearms, was an effective guide. The essence of his work is the less hair, the higher you must roll and vice versa. An equation calculates follicles per nano inch.
At this point my sleeves are fully rolled and I am ready for work. Except this 15 minute process has left me too exhausted and I must take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment