Saturday, April 19, 2014

Selling B&N my books

The used book annex at my local B&N told me to call Wed. to find out what type they are looking for this month. Every month it changes. You just can't truck in a load of books without checking first. The suspense is killing me. Spring cleaning means getting rid of books I will never read again, especially photography books. There is one full of gymnastics shots and another signed book by skater Kristi Yamaguchi. I don't know why I bought these books. There's one on tigers and a graphic novel telling of a young Polish girl's upbringing in the 70's.
Lots of health books for home remedies and men over 50. Also, a bunch of How to Draw tomes from when I thought I'd be a professional artist. Encyclopedias and science books and one of baby animals. Deep down I know some of these will be rejected and I'll be forced to drop them off at The Salvation Army. Some I'll really miss and some will be good riddance, including a bunch of paperbacks I reviewed for an online site.
I have resolved not to attend any more book sales--after this spring.
I'll use the extra space for manilla envelopes. Who knows how many I'll need in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment