Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Potted Plant

You look at me and shake your head. Actually, you can't shake your head because you're a stinking statue. John The Baptist. You can't understand how a cactus can be joyful just sitting here in this bright church, thrilling Christians of all ages. And you?
They didn't even use quality Italian marble--Staten Island quarry stuff for your lousy composition.
Cacti have an important place in the canon. Moses wandered 40 days and 40 nights and would still be lost in the desert if he did not follow the line of cacti to The Holy Land. Tell me your purpose, your history. Does it take special skill to sprinkle water on someone and declare them baptized? Now they'll be safe from Limbo. Here's a flash--the Church declared Limbo obsolete years ago. There is no stinking Limbo.
I am Maury the Cactus and I belong here just as much as any statue or stained glass window. If I had arms I would send you to Dante's Third Circle of hell. Actually, if I had arms I could play that damn organ in the balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment