Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Meeting

Sol was rubbing his wife Naomi's stomach in the pasta sauce aisle when Rochelle burst into view. Her cart was filled with vitamin water bottles, something he refused to try during the two years they dated.
Eighteen months after they broke up, here they were facing each other, with Sol's pregnant wife right there.
"Rochelle. What a surprise. This is my wife Naomi." Sol swallowed hard.
Rochelle stared at them so hard Naomi grabbed a can of pasta sauce, prepared to use it in self defense.
"So this is the same man who said he wasn't the marrying type," Rochelle snarled.
Naomi moved between them. "Get out of my husband's face or I'll crush this can against forehead."
Rochelle laughed. "You've got it all wrong, sister. I could care less about your precious hubby."
Just then Louise, Sol's mom, entered the aisle carrying a frozen turkey.
"Mom, I didn't know you shopped here."
Louise smiled. "I never did until Rochelle and I became a couple."
She turned to the other woman and slipped her some tongue. Naomi stood there mouth agape. Sol heaved up his macaroni and cheese lunch.
"He always had a sensitive digestive system," his mom said.

No comments:

Post a Comment