Monday, January 5, 2015

Idea Assassin

My name is August Mote and I am a trained professional idea assassin. I studied under the most intense cynics in the country. My vocation is attending various meetings and shooting down ideas.
I crunch dreams, hopes and ambitions. I especially enjoy destroying writers. My favorite verbal kill shot--It's been done. Your work is derivitive, a non starter. Sometimes they burst into tears.
I also attend entrepreneur conferences full of LLC people with hopes of being the boss of their own company. I stretch out in the hotel room and do calisthenics to warm up because this is prime meat for idea killers.
One woman wanted to start a water polo instruction company in Jersey City. I really went to work on her. No pools in JC, low income kids who couldn't swim, sky high insurance costs. A non starter. She curled into a ball, sobbing. I hid in a bathroom stall cackling like Scrooge.
Visionaries are dangerous fools who upset the equilibrium. At some point you may run into me. Prepare to be squashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment