Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hand Towel King

I checked my linen closet and realized I needed hand towels. Ihad accumulated 42 bed, Bath and Beyond coupons, none of which ever expire. So I took a $5 off $15 purchase one with me.
I wandered around the store for a few minutes before finding a table in the back with severely discounted hand towels. This is a talent I have always had. Call it instinct, genes, whatever. There were no other customers around.
I grabbed a pack of four for $9.99 and added another for $5.99, a total of $15.98. At the register I was told the $5.99 towel was on sale for $3.99, which left me a buck short for the coupon. Did I panic? Flush? Stomp my foot? No. I calmly went to the candy section and took a Reeses Buttercup for $1.09, which put me back over the $15 mark.
So I got five top of the line hand towels and a pack of  Reeses for a bit over $10. Believe me, if I could teach you this gift to make your life a bit easier, I would. But there are some things you just cannot teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment