Sunday, March 15, 2015

Veiled Threat

I love making veiled threats. Sometimes I'll wear an actual veil while doing it. My favorite targets are the weak and helpless. I know just enough about them to make these threats plausible. They will look at me with fear and confusion. What really baffles them is when they've done nothing to incur my wraith.
I'm not looking to blackmail anyone. I just like the feeling of power. I try to emulate James Spader's expression on The Blacklist--hooded eyes, lips cruelly curled, nostrils flared. Actually I'm not certain he flares his, but I sure can.
You have to deal the cards in your favor in this vicious world. Scruples are fine if you can afford good lawyers and spin doctors. But instilling fear, putting someone on edge, making them question their total behavior, this is where the game is won.
Now if someone makes a veiled threat against me, I give them my Kevin Spacey glare. Let your imagination do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment