Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Apples and Oranges

I saw a sign in the market that said Pink Lady Apples 1.49 a pound. I'd never heard of this type. I usually stick to red and golden delicious and gala. Rome apples are strictly used for baking. I have dabbled in other types, but one must test one's boundaries and take a risk. These Pink Lady apples look like they might be juicy. Where are they grown? I don't trust third world fruit.
Sniffing them didn't help. Actually it got me a stare from a woman. They should allow you one bite before choosing. A special bite section should be set up in the produce department.
I will consume these Pink Lady mystery apples, damn the consequences.
Listen, I went through the same thing with Macintosh before having a breakthrough. Fear of the unknown limits one's potential.
Now oranges are simple. Juice and navel. That's it. Grapefruit, pink and white. Easy. But God seems to have a special feeling for apples and who are we to cast out any particular type. Where would we be as a society without candy apples?

No comments:

Post a Comment