Sunday, June 7, 2015

Stream of Consciosness

I think if I focused I could develop a stream of conscious thought.  I must abandon my impulse to control every thought. I will allow my mind to thrust forward without a specific goal and see what happens.
I'll begin with a concept and run with it. An impersonal universe.
Black holes, millions of stars and galaxies, Elizabeth Taylor, comets, asteroids, gravity, Sandra Bullock,  sunspots, extreme cold, Jessica Alba, radiation, antimatter, Jennifer Lawrence, Milky Way, Big Bang Theory, Quantum mechanics, Emma Stone, Megan Fox, Kate Upton, Giselle, Beyonce, Jessica Biel, Angelina, three women at Hooters, Miley Cyrus..
This isn't working.
Maybe I'll hum. Not Dylan. Barry Manilow. I'll hum his hits until I get a stream of consciousness going. Here I go.
Oh damn it. I left my bowl of oatmeal in the micro. Now I'll have to reheat and it will lose it's taste. I sense another stream coming on and I didn't even have coffee.
How did James Joyce do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment