Monday, June 1, 2015

His Dream

He thinks I belong to him. He dreams me very night and that makes me his property. The fool.
I was someone else dream for a long time. I wish I knew why I was transferred to this host. He has no other dreams, just me. None to keep me company, none I can pass the time with until nightfall.
Daytime seems to last forever. I have no purpose without him and even within him. Sometimes he wakes up suddenly before I am done with my story and it is frustrating. Jarring. I'm not getting closure. It's not like I want to leave him in a cold sweat, but often that is what happens.
There has to be some way of escaping this cycle. If I could just break free of his subconscious I believe I could find another host on my own. Perhaps a child. I swear I would be such a pleasant dream inside a child's mind, one with a beginning, middle and end, one they could excitedly relate to their parents or older sibling the next morning.
I'm wasting away inside this fellow. Oh boy, he's turning on his side. That means it's showtime. Maybe I'll flow right to the end uninterrupted. Even dreams can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment