Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Solstice

Today is the longest day of the year. It turned sunny and warm, so why am I not outside doing something healthy? Why am I just lying here in bed listening to the Yankees lose big? I've done my wash, did my morning walk, got my papers, had my coffee.
I should be in Times Square right now doing what I did last year and the year before--watching flexible women on yoga mats twisting their bodies into ungodly positions and sweating like wooly mammoths. Have I matured? Or is it that I couldn't sleep last night and the humidity has drained me? One could do worse than date a yoga instructor, all of whom look like triathletes.
Energy is something we take for granted. When it's lacking all you can do is lie there and philosophize, which exercises the mind, but doesn't burn calories.
Maybe someone posted the yoga babes on You Tube. Later, I'll get up the energy to check.

No comments:

Post a Comment