Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hidden Identity

Becky rushed into the phone booth, heart pounding. Her cell was dead, she was hungry and thirsty from being on the run for days. She used her last coins to dial. Joe answered.
Oh Joe, I'm in trouble. You have to shelter me. I fell for a married man.
Joe paused. Calm down. That happens all the time. Who is after you?
Becky swallowed. The Bee Hive!
What is the Bee Hive?
Lemonade, Joe, lemonade!
You're not making sense.
Do I have to spell it out? I slept with Jay Z. She found out. Queen Bee shows no mercy. She gave them an order. Oh God, I see them coming down the street! I must flee!
Where can you go?
I don't know. She owns the night, the city Zika mosquitoes, everything. And the worst part--he was a lousy lay.
She hung up and raced off into the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment